Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Headset Dynamic Mics

A microphone is a device that captures audio by converting sound waves into an electrical signal. This signal can be amplified as an analog signal or may be converted to a digital signal, which can be processed by a computer or other digital audio device. This forum is for discussing Dynamic, Condenser, USB, Ribbon and Stereo Mic Sets.
Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Headset Dynamic Mics

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:08 am

I have decided to invest in a couple of dynamic headset mics to use with my Zoom H6 digital recorder. After reading a dozen or so reviews, I have decided to go with the Audio-Technica BPHS1 Broadcast Stereo Headset with Dynamic Boom Mic. I ordered one last week and it should be in sometime this afternoon. The cost is $199.00 and they are on back order till 1/19/19. Once I check it out and if it does what I want it to do, I will order a few more. These mics will be used for doing interviews and more times then not, it will be in a somewhat noisy environment.

This is the write up for these mics.
The rugged broadcast Audio-Technica BPHS1 stereo headset has closed-back around-the-ear cups and a professional boom-mounted microphone wearable on either side.

Audio-Technica designed the BPHS1 for news and sports broadcasting, announcing, and interviews. The headset microphone's cardioid polar pattern is tailored for speech pickup with maximum voice intelligibility over a wide range of frequencies. It is more sensitive to sound originating directly in front of the element, making it useful in reducing pickup of unwanted ambient sounds. The mic's flexible gooseneck boom swivels for easy positioning on either the right or left.

The AT BPHS1 headset's dual earphones offer an extended frequency response of 20-20,000 Hz and smooth, natural sound reproduction. Generously padded circumaural ear cups provide acoustic isolation and long-wearing comfort.
Features

Microphone features polar pattern and frequency response tailored for natural, highly intelligible vocal reproduction

Closed-back circumaural ear cups help seal out crowd noise and other background distractions

Neodymium magnets in microphone and headphones for high output level & detailed sound reproduction

Rugged design with user-replaceable cable and ear pads

Cardioid pickup pattern of the dynamic microphone rejects off-axis sounds

Boom-mounted microphone can be positioned on the left or right side

Adjustable cushioned headband and lightweight design for long-wearing comfort

Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:55 am

OK, after playing around with this mic, I have decided to buy 3 more that have the mic only. This will save me over $360.00 and since when I do my interviews we will all be in the same room most of the time, there is really no need for headphones. These will work great for doing interviews into my Zoom H6 without causing to much mic bleed. The audio below is two recordings. I moved this mic less then 1/4 inch and it produced a +5dbs difference on the input level, WITHOUT adjusting the gain input. This audio should pass the ACX specs with room to spare.

Headset-Dynamic-Mic.mp3
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 47 times

Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic