Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Dynamic versus Condenser Mics.

A microphone is a device that captures audio by converting sound waves into an electrical signal. This signal can be amplified as an analog signal or may be converted to a digital signal, which can be processed by a computer or other digital audio device. This forum is for discussing Dynamic, Condenser, USB, Ribbon and Stereo Mic Sets.
Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Re: Dynamic versus Condenser Mics.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:58 pm

@River. I think the 57 and 58 suggest 57dbs of gain. If you are getting a -20db signal using just the H4, you are only 2dbs off of the sweet spot. If you can do a 20 to 30 second test clip for me, I can give you a very educated opinion on whether you should invest in the inline preamp. If you do decide to go that route, the cloud-lifter comes very highly recommended. It has very clean gain. I will send you a PM and give you my Dropbox upload link for the sample. It will send me an email when you upload it. Just record with 3 or 4 seconds of silence and then talk normally.

Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic