Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

I need to check an audition to see if it meets the ACX specs.

REAPER's full, flexible feature set and renowned stability have found a home wherever digital audio is used: commercial and home studios, broadcast, location recording, education, science and research, sound design, game development, and more. From mission-critical professional environments to students' laptops, there is a single version of REAPER, fully featured with no artificial limitations. You can evaluate REAPER in full for 60 days. A REAPER license is affordably priced and DRM-free.
AYMoreland
Operating System: MAC OS 10.10.5
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity 2.3.0, Investigating Reaper, Scarlet Focusrite preamp
Mics: Scarlett
United States of America

I need to check an audition to see if it meets the ACX specs.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:16 pm

I have recently switched to Reaper. Is possible to direct me to videos that share what external editors are needed to analyze an item that has been rendered? I attempted to obtain mp3GainGUI for my Mac. I could only find mp3Gain. When I went to the editor to I received the message that some external editors failed to launch. It may be possible that I don't have everything I need to analyze. I have audio book preset in my fx folder. ( I received that information from your "Being consistent with ACX video on You Tube). Is there checklist/video that I can review? I need to check an audition to see if it meets the ACX specs.
Thank you,
Adrienne

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:38 am

AYMoreland wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:16 pm
I have recently switched to Reaper. Is possible to direct me to videos that share what external editors are needed to analyze an item that has been rendered? I attempted to obtain mp3GainGUI for my Mac. I could only find mp3Gain. When I went to the editor to I received the message that some external editors failed to launch. It may be possible that I don't have everything I need to analyze.
MP3 Gain is not used for the ACX. This program is used for audio that target a specific db range. The ACX uses the RMS scale for loudness.
I have audio book preset in my fx folder. ( I received that information from your "Being consistent with ACX video on You Tube). Is there checklist/video that I can review? I need to check an audition to see if it meets the ACX specs.
Thank you, Adrienne
In Reaper, the only plugin you need is the "Audio Statistics". This plugin will check your RMS range, (between a -18 and -23), your background noise/noise floor, (-60dbs max) and your total peak. (-3db max). I will do a short video and post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLpIFILGIA4&feature=youtu.be
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic