Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Reaper vs Audacity

REAPER's full, flexible feature set and renowned stability have found a home wherever digital audio is used: commercial and home studios, broadcast, location recording, education, science and research, sound design, game development, and more. From mission-critical professional environments to students' laptops, there is a single version of REAPER, fully featured with no artificial limitations. You can evaluate REAPER in full for 60 days. A REAPER license is affordably priced and DRM-free.
thestorygirl
Operating System: Windows 7
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity :(
Mics: Blue Yeti :(
United States of America

Reaper vs Audacity

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Does it sound different (can you tell an audible difference) if you record using Reaper or Audacity?
I mean, if you record part of a project using Audacity and then used Reaper to record the other part, would it make a difference?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 am

Hey, sorry I missed your post. Most people would not notice any difference at all. However, you do need to make sure that you have both programs set to the same settings for recording. Personally, I would not recommend it. This is really important when it comes to consistency when dealing with the ACX.
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

thestorygirl
Operating System: Windows 7
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity :(
Mics: Blue Yeti :(
United States of America

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Thanks! :-)