Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

I downloaded Reaper. Now what?

REAPER's full, flexible feature set and renowned stability have found a home wherever digital audio is used: commercial and home studios, broadcast, location recording, education, science and research, sound design, game development, and more. From mission-critical professional environments to students' laptops, there is a single version of REAPER, fully featured with no artificial limitations. You can evaluate REAPER in full for 60 days. A REAPER license is affordably priced and DRM-free.
thestorygirl
Operating System: Windows 7
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity :(
Mics: Blue Yeti :(
United States of America

Re: I downloaded Reaper. Now what?

Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Actually, I'm sorry, I think I had that a bit wrong. It just says 'error.' These seem to be saving as .wav but I'm unsure how to import them. I try to go to File > Recent Projects, but nothing shows. I try to click on Open Project symbol but all my .wavs do not show up to open. I recorded them on Reaper.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:19 am

I will try and do a video for you today explaining how you do this. Please keep in mind that the Reaper project file has no audio in it. You must save the audio file, after you finish recording. The video below should clear up your questions concerning this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c8r7Xkj57s&feature=youtu.be
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

thestorygirl
United States of America

Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:10 pm

I watched and rewatched your video I don't know how many times and followed along step by step, replay by replay. :-) I tried to do the same thing, but I got hung up on trying to view it in Audacity. I did a test sample to see what you think. I KNOW there's something wrong with it... Did I do wrong math? Am I too close to mic? etc.
THANK YOU so much for these videos! It really helps to know why I am doing something.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:46 am

You upload a peak file to my Dropbox. It is NOT an audio file. Why did you rename it to a mp3 format? Reaper does not do this by default. If you look at the picture below, this is the properties of the file you sent me. Look at the file extension in the red box. It is a ".reapeaks" file extension. Just because you rename it as an mp3, does not mean it will play as an audio file. Please send me the audio file.

Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

thestorygirl
United States of America

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:00 pm

:oops:
I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I know in the video you showed something about making an mp3 at the end (rendering?), and I thought that was the way to do it and send it. I will try again.

...Sent. I think this is what you're referring to?
Thanks for your patience.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:59 am

This time you sent me the project file as well as the peak file but you never sent the audio file. These two files are worthless to me without the original wav file that is associated with them. If you do not send me the audio file, there is NOTHING I can do! Please go back and watch the video a few more times. It clearly shows how to save the original audio file.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic