Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Plugins Needed for Audacity Concerning the ACX.

Audacity® is free, open source, cross-platform audio software for multi-track recording and editing. Audacity is not considered a DAW. The biggest concern I have with this program is that it can not use the ASIO file. This means that you must go through your operating systems sound card to record your audio. At this time I still can not achieve multi-track recording with this software.
thestorygirl
Operating System: Windows 7
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity :(
Mics: Blue Yeti :(
United States of America

Re: Plugins Needed for Audacity Concerning the ACX.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 pm

PS- Someone on Librivox recommended I work with FLAC for the lossless benefit, but I always upload my finished project as mp3. Perhaps I will try wav now. I don't need hogs on my computer!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:46 am

thestorygirl wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 pm
Ok, so I am assuming that the desk stand that automatically comes with the mic recommended is no good?
That looks like a very affordable mic for me. Thanks. I may even be able to get the stand for free because I have an Amazon gift card. I won that for eating ghost peppers. :P
cowbell
That is correct concerning the mic stand. The stand I recommended is the same one I use when I travel. Since the ATR2100 is a dynamic mic, it needs to be about 1 to 2 inches from your mouth. The mic stand that comes with the 2100 will now allow you to do this. This does several things. First, it allows you to decrease your gain to achieve the proper input level. The lower amount of gain needed = the lower amount of noise floor that will be recorded. The second thing is that it will increase your voice presence. It will make it sound thicker. The third and one of the most important things it does, is keep out unwanted background noises. By reducing your background noise, it helps you create a lower noise floor. WOW! I use gloves when I cook with ghost peppers and I can honestly say, I have never eaten one without having it diluted in about two gallons of chili. You must have a cast iron stomach! poke

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:08 am

thestorygirl wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 pm
PS- Someone on Librivox recommended I work with FLAC for the lossless benefit, but I always upload my finished project as mp3. Perhaps I will try wav now. I don't need hogs on my computer!!
You should always record in the wav format when possible. I know Audacity will allow you to export your audio in different formats, but I think they record in a 16 bit wav format. This is what is used for CDs. The audio quality loss is from exporting from the recorded format to the listening format. IE, when you record in wav and export to mp3, you will lose a little bit of quality. 99 % of people will never be able to tell the difference between the two. The big advantage is the file size. The smaller the file, the faster the load/download time.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

thestorygirl
Operating System: Windows 7
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity :(
Mics: Blue Yeti :(
United States of America

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Cast iron stomach- not quite! It was part of a competition/dare and it was in the hot sauce I licked straight from the spoon. Made my stomach queasy, but I kept 'er down. The other guys cheated and had it with their burritos.
You must be quite a cook!

All makes sense about tech stuff. :) I will try to order said equipment next week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic