You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Information Needed To Provide Detailed Room Treatment Advice.

This is where you can show off your home studio. This is also where you can ask questions or give advice concerning room treatments.
Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:28 am

I am often asked how or what type of room treatment someone needs. That is one of the reasons I started this community. To keep it from having to drag out every piece of information to decipher your request, you need to provide a lot of information. As someone once told me, "you need to provide the information in such detail, that I could build it myself without seeing it in person". It needs to be like this to help us get straight to what you need as well as keeping you from added cost. The level of treatment can be from designing a simple Gobo, to finishing a room or basement in your home.

The first thing you need to provide is what your space is going to be used for? Narration, Podcasting, Music, Mixing, Mastering or a combination of any of these requirements. The more you combine together, the more issues we will have that will need to be addressed. Once you provide that information, the process will follow a a to z type of suggestions/requirements that will give you the best possible results. Since every requirement as well as space is different, each space will need to be addressed on a individual level. THERE IS NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL, when it comes to this information.

In other words, the treatment you need to record a Podcast is 100% different then you will need if you also want to mix and master your podcast in the same room. Why? There is a big difference setting up a room to record in, compared to a room that you will be listening to audio in. Many times you can simply use a homemade gobo to place in the area you want to record in. You can also use a walk-in closet and get good results as well. However, these two conditions are worthless for listening to the audio. It will sound great in your room as that is were it was recorded, yet as soon as it is played in another room by someone else, that is where the audio quality will suffer greatly unless it was mixed and mastered properly. The only true way you can mix and master it properly, is to treat your room for these requirements. With Narration or Podcasting, the best way to do this without spending a lot of money, is simply use headphones.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links