Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

My New Adventure.

This is a free for all forum catagory. List anything you like, just make sure you abide by the rules of the Community. If you have a suggestion for a specific forum, just let me know. The www is a wonderful thing!
Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

My New Adventure.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:04 am

I am very close to finishing up my home studio, remodeling the house it is a part of, and adding the finishing touches to our condo so it can go on the market this coming week. Three weeks ago I purchased a 17 foot Checkmate ski boat with a 150 horse power outboard engine. My wife went out with me one time. We went from Glebe Harbor to Cabin Point Marina for lunch. The marina is about 20 mins away by car. It took me less then 6 mins to arrive by boat. My wife refuses to ride in the boat again. I forgot to mention this boat goes from 0 to 60mph in about 4.5 seconds. (That may have something to do with her decision).

2.jpeg
2.jpeg (219.08 KiB) Viewed 147 times
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (219.08 KiB) Viewed 147 times

So being the compromising person that I am, (NOT), I asked her what type of boat she would feel safe in and she replied a "sailboat". So I went on line and found a sailing school that would teach me how to sail. This is a 100% hands on training course sponsored by the ASA. (American Sailing Association). I just took my 100 question exam yesterday and scored a 99%. This certification will allow me to rent any sail boat up to 27 feet in length, from any marina, world wide that offers this service.

I will start my second certification course this Saturday that deals with sailing the ICW, (Inter-Coastal Water Way), on the east coast. The ICW runs from Florida to Maine. This course will prepare me to operate a 25’-35’ sailboat. The video below was my first day of class. (I am the guy in the blue shirt). I did this short video for Caption Cameron, the owner of Northern Virginia Sailing School LLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WihS4qManZA

Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

thestorygirl
Operating System: Windows 7
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity :(
Mics: Blue Yeti :(
United States of America

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:08 pm

8-) Really cool!
...wish I could go, but I got asked the other week to go kayaking with a friend and got motion sick immediately within sitting down. I didn't make it very far. :?
Hope you are having lots of fun!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

People with motion sickness being on the water is a real drag! It does not make for a fun day. It happened to me about 8 years ago while deep sea fishing. I was on a charter boat and they warn you before you leave the dock, the only thing they will turn around for is bad weather, or a medical emergency. It was a very rough 8 hrs. :mrgreen:
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic