Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Setting the Proper Output Levels for Soundcloud and YouTube.

Mastering is the final step of audio post-production. So what is the purpose? Think of mastering as the glue, varnish and polish that optimizes playback quality on all devices from tiny iPhone speakers to massive dance club sound systems. If you are doing work for the ACX, you must know how to meet their requirements!
Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Setting the Proper Output Levels for Soundcloud and YouTube.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:29 am

The back drop to this video is two fold. 1. People who are complaining about the quality of their music that streaming platforms are providing. Well, if this is what you are uploading, it ain't the platforms fault! 2. A member in another community was explaining to someone how to use proper mic placement. This was their music and they used it as an example. As I listened to it, it sounded like tinfoil in a microwave. Proper mic placement means nothing, if your input levels or output levels are clipping. Please keep in mind that once your audio clips, you can never remove them, all you can try and due is tame them down and this will make your music sound very unprofessional. The attachment to this post, shows the audio in my video, where I mastered it you be listened to on YouTube. I was shooting for a -14LUFS with no more then a -1dbTP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXKr1nizByA&feature=youtu.be
Video.jpg
Video.jpg (143.4 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Video.jpg
Video.jpg (143.4 KiB) Viewed 199 times

Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links