Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Is Social Media Needed for Your Audio?

This is where you can ask questions or give advice concerning the social media that deals with audio in 2018.
Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Is Social Media Needed for Your Audio?

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Someone sent me a link yesterday about a group of kids that started off playing in the New York subways. This should answer the question of whether social media will help get "your name" out to the world. One day a person walked by and shot a video of them and put it on YouTube in 2016. The video went viral. According to the write up, these guys started getting a tremendous amount of gigs from this video. They no longer had to rely on people dropping dollars in a 5 gal bucket.

They created their own label and saturated their name all over social media. The simple Google search I did just on their name shows this in the attachments I uploaded for this post. Now, fast forward 1 year and one of these guys is playing at the BBC Proms 2017. His name is Leo P. Most of their videos now have over 5 mil views each. They got their break, or as some would say, were discovered by a stranger and made famous by YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BARAHLk-8dk
LC-1.jpg
LC-1.jpg (84.76 KiB) Viewed 92 times
LC-1.jpg
LC-1.jpg (84.76 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Attachments
LC.jpg
LC.jpg (77.45 KiB) Viewed 94 times
LC.jpg
LC.jpg (77.45 KiB) Viewed 94 times

Link:
BBcode: