Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

ACX

Please list any questions you may have concerning other digital workstations here. If we do not have the answer, we may be able to point you to someone that does.
lynleighjanel
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member
Operating System: Windows 10
United States of America

ACX

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi, I just wrapped up my first book for Audible but I'm having a hard time meeting the RMS ACX requirements. I've tried downloading the ACX check plugin but cannot get it to open. I currently work with the Audacity program. Any help would be great!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:38 pm

Good evening and welcome to the community. If you could please fill out your profile, that would help a lot as it will help me to understand what type of equipment you are using. I know you are using audacity but I need to know what version. You will find that under the help menu. Audacity had a couple of bad versions about 12 to 16 months ago and some people have not updated.

As far as the ACX check goes, depending on what version you have concerning audacity, will help me lead you in the right direction. Most plugins are simple to set up but you need to make sure you have them in the correct folder and then make sure you have activated them. Now concerning the RMS level not meeting the ACX specs, I am going to take a wild guess and say that when your RMS levels pass, your -60db background fails and when your -60db background passes, your RMS fails. Am I close? The video below deals with customizing your plugin list. However, just pay attention to where you see where I have placed the ACX the ACX check plugin as well as at the beginning of the video, where it shows you how to activate your plugins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDEvLxqwG-s
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:52 pm

If you do not mind, please upload about a 1 min clip of your audio. Please make sure that you include the beginning of the chapter where you have 1 to 5 seconds of room tone. You can view the video here on how to attach audio files in our community here. Thanks, Dana.
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic