Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Hello again!

Please introduce yourself here. You do not have to write a book, just tell everyone what you want to accomplish concerning audio recording. I also recommend that you take the time to fill out your profile. This way if you have a question, we can simple go to your profile and find out what gear you may be using.

Moderators: thestorygirl, Liz

thestorygirl
Operating System: Windows 7
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity :(
Mics: Blue Yeti :(
United States of America

Hello again!

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:10 pm

Wow, there's a lot of emojis going on over here!
Hi, I was able to log in successfully.
So, updated intro:
I am an aspiring VO actor trying to get started and find my niche out there in the world. I've been volunteering on Librivox for the past couple years and have a small library of projects (which you can find under my username: thestorygirl).
Dana, I have good news and bad news-- I wanted to let you know that having the past couple of months to think it over a lot more, I don't think I am up for cohosting podcast project at this time. I'm really sorry. :( I don't want to come off as a loose cannon.
However, I've also been thinking and thinking and thinking and have decided that I would like to go through the training you provide for those wanting to get started in the ACX. I have been saving up for the microphone you suggest on your site and am almost there. Would you take me on?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:21 am

Welcome back!! I will do my best not to break it this time. face_palm There is no problem about the co-hosting and in fact, I have placed that on hold for the time being. I have so much going on that I would feel rushed to put 2 out a month and I have fun when I record and I don't want to be stressed. As far as teaching you about the ACX, it would be my pleasure!
yahoo We can start whenever you like. We will make all out post in the VOX/Audio Book Forum so others may learn as well. Just start a post of something like "This is what I have, what do I need" and we will go from there. We will do some room testing as well. It may save you some money if you list what equipment you have, so you do not need to upgrade or buy something that may not work. I see this all the time. People will scrape up $400.00 to buy a Shure 7b only to realize they do not have a pre amp or audio interface, powerful enough to make the mic work. Now, off to make you a mod again. Thanks for posting.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Liz
Operating System: Windows 8
United States of America

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 am

hello Hello and welcome! Dana has spoken about you often. Welcome to the community, again!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

thestorygirl
Operating System: Windows 7
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity :(
Mics: Blue Yeti :(
United States of America

Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pm

Thanks! :) How kind of you, and am excited to meet a new friend! :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Liz
Operating System: Windows 8
United States of America

Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:00 am

You are very welcome! I don't post much as I am tied up with other things, but is nice to jump on every once in a while to say hello. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic