Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Introduction

Please introduce yourself here. You do not have to write a book, just tell everyone what you want to accomplish concerning audio recording. I also recommend that you take the time to fill out your profile. This way if you have a question, we can simple go to your profile and find out what gear you may be using.

Moderators: thestorygirl, Liz

Teacher
Operating System: Windows 7
Trinidad & Tobago

Introduction

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:54 am

Good morning everyone,

I am a teacher who is learning to use Reaper to produce better audio for my videos for my students. I'm looking forward to learning from this community.

Can someone show me where to find the free podcasting course? I searched for it but I'm unable to locate it.

Thank you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:39 am

Good Morning Teacher and welcome to the community! There is no pre-made step by step Podcasting course. The course I offer is a one on one, hands on via my conference room as well as answering your questions. You can watch a video here to see how easy it is to use. I have made several videos concerning Podcasting as well as how to use Reaper. After you watch the videos, if you have any questions, just ask.

When we meet in the conference room, you will be able to ask me questions and I will answer them in real time. You will be able to watch my screen so you can see exactly what I am doing. It is no different then when you teach your own students. I hope you agree that when they are able to watch you do something, it is easier for them to learn then if they just read it out of a book.

I will be back in town this Thursday. If you would like to set up a time this Friday or Saturday evening to meet, just let me know and make sure that you base your time, on Eastern Standard Time. That is my time zone on the east coast. Again, welcome to the community!
happyfeet
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Teacher
Trinidad & Tobago

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Good night Mr. Tucker. Thank you for the videos on your YouTube Channel. I really appreciate them. I only learnt that Reaper exists 3 days ago so I have a bit to learn.

I am doing some independent study of the software using the Reaper Documentation and the videos on their website. I will study your videos concurrently. When I am comfortable with the software, I will utilize the video conference with you for consulting with a subject matter expert for best practices. This way I will make optimal use of both of our precious time. I am in the same time zone as you so that's very convenient.

Please visit my YouTube channel so see some of the work I produce to assist students across the Caribbean prepare for their CSEC Mathematics examination. I want to improve the audio quality of my future videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/CSECMathematicsSolutions

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:59 am

Please call me Dana. You have a GREAT channel! I only have my lap top with me and I will download your last video so I can listen to it with better equipment this evening. If you give me 15 to 30 mins face to face in my conference room, I will teach you everything you need to know about recording with Reaper. Your videos look great! I use Camtasia to do mine. I love the Reaper videos they supply but keep in mind, they are geared to recording bands as well as singers.
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Teacher
Trinidad & Tobago

Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:22 pm

Dana thank you for your response. I can meet with you anytime from 10 am to 5:30 pm EST tomorrow for 1 hour. Its a public holiday in Trinidad tomorrow so I'm available. My last YouTube video has terrible audio because I was sitting while I recorded it. When I read from the screen the audio is good but when I look down on my Wacom tablet to write the audio is different. I was able to improve this when I learned that its best to stand and record. I also learned to write without looking at the Wacom tablet. I will share more with you how I record my videos when we speak in person. I can also provide you with a sample tomorrow of my current ability so you can make a better evaluation.

Thank you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:48 pm

Very good! I will be back in Manassas Va around 3am on Friday. (I am 20 miles south of Washington D.C.). Lets shoot for 12:00 noon. If anything changes, I will let you know ASAP! I look forward to helping you and I want you to know that I think teaching, is a very honorable profession! I can tell by the comments left on your YT channel, that you are highly respected by your students.

greatjob

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic