Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Hello from an Italian friend

Please introduce yourself here. You do not have to write a book, just tell everyone what you want to accomplish concerning audio recording. I also recommend that you take the time to fill out your profile. This way if you have a question, we can simple go to your profile and find out what gear you may be using.

Moderators: thestorygirl, Liz

MarcoM
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Italy

Hello from an Italian friend

Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Hello Dana and hello everyone :D
I am Marco from Italy.
Congratulations for this wonderful forum :clap: .

I am going to resume my learning and improving audiobook recording / production and ... hopefully...finally starting to make my voice be ...useful and fruitful.

Hugs.

Marco

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Hello my Friend. For those that read this post, Marco is a very talented VO Artist. His only problem is that the ACX, does not recognize his Country, and he can not participate in their program. This is truly a crying shame. This man has the voice of an Angle! Again, welcome my Friend and welcome to the second community. Marco was a part of my first community! I do not teach him, he teaches me.
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarcoM
Italy

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:21 pm

Thank you so much for your welcome my friend.
I am truly honored to be part of your second community and, as usual, your words make me blush.

I don't know if I deserve what he says, folks, but I do firmly know that, there is not any other better place than a place with his presence for not simply learning how to professionally deal with audio/voice production but also for learning all that through a really special human being.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

thestorygirl
Operating System: Windows 7
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity :(
Mics: Blue Yeti :(
United States of America

Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi! I think that's terrible you're not allowed in the ACX! :cry:
But there has got to be more than one way to skin a cat. :think:
Glad to meet you!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarcoM
Italy

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:24 am

Hi thestorygirl!
My pleasure to meet you :-)
Well Yes..it's pretty unbelievable. I live in Italy.
Unfortunately the ACX system works only in the Usa, Canada and UK and, as far as Dana and me know, it seems there is not any easy way to skip the problem.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:11 am

MarcoM wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:21 pm
Thank you so much for your welcome my friend. I am truly honored to be part of your second community and, as usual, your words make me blush. I don't know if I deserve what he says, folks, but I do firmly know that, there is not any other better place than a place with his presence for not simply learning how to professionally deal with audio/voice production but also for learning all that through a really special human being.
Now your making me blush! I had to go look in the mirror after your kind words, just to see if I looked like the person being described!
MarcoM wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:24 am
Hi thestorygirl! My pleasure to meet you :-) Well Yes..it's pretty unbelievable. I live in Italy. Unfortunately the ACX system works only in the Usa, Canada and UK and, as far as Dana and me know, it seems there is not any easy way to skip the problem.
I never did quit trying to find a loop hole. It is my opinion that this what you need to do.

1. Start a LLC type of company in your country. The LLC stands for Limited Liability Company. I have one and it has protection via Virginia State and Federal Laws.

2. After you do that, I will be your Registered Agent and we will register your company, as a foreign company, authorized to do business in Virginia. I can then send you the scripts, see if you want to record the book or not. If you do, the contract will be between myself and the publisher. I will become your publisher and you will be contracted to work for me. They pay me, I pay you. That way we do not have to worry about the taxes. It is not as complicated as it sounds. In order to be paid by the ACX, you must have a Business Bank Account, which means you must have a business license.

On a side note, you guys interested in being a part of my new Podcast? Just Google News in Northern Neck Virginia. Choose any lite harted story that can be read in about 10 to 15 mins that has no copyright attached to it. Record the story and send me the raw files. You can check out more about the Low Country Boil Podcast here.
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarcoM
Italy

Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi my friend.
I read your answer with deep interest and it sounds promising but I am pretty sure it is not so easy to setup just for one reason: setting up the LLC correspondent italian type of company in Italy is expensive and requires extensive fiscal duties and accountancy system. In order to at least break-even fixed costs I should produce a quite consistent turnover...which is far from realistic since I am in Italy...And Italy is not Usa regarding VO and audiobook industry. But I want to deeper analyze the scenario through some counsellor and see if and how it could be a business for me.
In the meanwhile...I Will have to start again some learning because I forgot a lo atout production tips...settings..plugins to use in order to produce high quality recordings. So I have many youtube videos from your Channel to rewatch and to study :-)
But, Dana, trust me I Will not easily drop the chance to do some business with my voice. I Will study the way.
As far as your new Podcast is concerned, I Will ne visiting your link in a few minutes but would giù ne so kind to explain to me though some more details? Should I read in English language? My English is very good but it is not my mother tongue. Would it be ok for you?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarcoM
Italy

Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:17 pm

I just visited your link Dana and I surfed around your whole website.
I loved it.
I would surely help you with your podcasts or whatever else you might propose to me.
Just give me more details.
And please give me some time to catch up with my "learning" ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:04 pm

MarcoM wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Hi my friend.
I read your answer with deep interest and it sounds promising but I am pretty sure it is not so easy to setup just for one reason: setting up the LLC correspondent italian type of company in Italy is expensive and requires extensive fiscal duties and accountancy system. In order to at least break-even fixed costs I should produce a quite consistent turnover...which is far from realistic since I am in Italy...And Italy is not Usa regarding VO and audiobook industry. Should I read in English language? My English is very good but it is not my mother tongue. Would it be ok for you?
I know that there will be cost and I truly have no idea what they are in your country. In the USA, Virginia, it cost me $100.00 to apply and register my LLC with the State. Then it is another $100.00 for what is called a Articles of Organization for a Virginia Limited Liability Company. Then it is only $50.00 per year to keep it active. This is how it would work.

1. I look for the books/scripts.
2. I download the script for the audition.
3. I email you the script.
4. You record the script and send it back to me.
5. I bring the script to the proper specs.
6. I upload the script for the publisher to listen to.
7. They will either except it, or reject it.

If they except it, they will provide me with a complete manuscript that I would email to you. You record, I edit and produce. When it goes live, I will have a link to where it is on-line. When it sells, they pay me, then I pay you. Now, this is why you must have a company. At the end of the year, the ACX will send the IRS a form stating that they have paid me, x amount of dollars. They do this so they do not have to pay taxes on money, they paid to someone else. I am in that same boat. Anyway, it is just a thought.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:05 pm

MarcoM wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:17 pm
I just visited your link Dana and I surfed around your whole website.
I loved it.
I would surely help you with your podcasts or whatever else you might propose to me.
Just give me more details.
And please give me some time to catch up with my "learning" ;-)
I would like for you to do my intro. I will do a recording as well as a written script. The recording is so you can get a feel for how I want it to sound. It will go something like this.
Welcome to the low country boil podcast show. Broadcasting live from D & L Recording Studio LLC, located 10 miles from beautiful Montross Va. Serving all of northern neck businesses as well as the people living here. We would like to give a special shout out to the Westmoreland County Museum, for all the hard work they do throughout our communities. Now sit back and relax and here is the host of the show, Dana, aka the magic man.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic