Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

Key Commands in Reaper

Please introduce yourself here. You do not have to write a book, just tell everyone what you want to accomplish concerning audio recording. I also recommend that you take the time to fill out your profile. This way if you have a question, we can simple go to your profile and find out what gear you may be using.

Moderators: thestorygirl, Liz

johnjgomez
Operating System: Mac OS 10.12.6
United States of America

Key Commands in Reaper

Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 pm

Dana, Do you teach audio editing with the top key command or with modifiers if needed to aid in the audio workflow?
I like to have a personal default key command preset for editing or possibly take a look at what you are currently using and get some ideas. Thank you for all you do.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:48 pm

Hello John and welcome. I mostly just use the default settings for any type of narration. I use the same FX chain 99.9% of the time. When it comes to recording, I use very little pre FX. As far as mixing or mastering audio, I still tend to stay with the defaults as that is how I learned. When I am in the finishing mode, I tend to slow way down. I seem to make better decisions that way. I know many who use a controller that is connected with their DAW but I just never got into using anything other then the mouse and key strokes.
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

johnjgomez
Operating System: Mac OS 10.12.6
United States of America

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:07 am

Thank you Dana.

Link:
BBcode: