Welcome to Home Recording Forum For Beginners. You must make your first post in the Introductions Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to post or reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying. This is a countermeasure for spam bots.

First Post from New Member

Please introduce yourself here. You do not have to write a book, just tell everyone what you want to accomplish concerning audio recording. I also recommend that you take the time to fill out your profile. This way if you have a question, we can simple go to your profile and find out what gear you may be using.

Moderators: thestorygirl, Liz

jmwatt1234
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member
Operating System: MAC X
United States of America

First Post from New Member

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am

Hi--
Earlier this year I transformed my home office into a home recording studio to record acoustic guitar. I'm hoping that I can get advice on home recording techniques, as well as sharing the many lessons learned from setting up a home recording studio.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Operating System: Windows 8 & 10.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Reaper, Hindenburg, Audacity.
Mics: Shure SM7b, SM 57 & 58, ATR 2100, AKG P120, AT Pro 70.
Digital Recorder: Tascam DR-40, Zoom H6.
United States of America

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:09 pm

Hello Jim and welcome! I am in the process of building my own home studio. I just hung my overhead panels, (cloud) and and working on my desk layout. I will try and post a few pics the next day or two. If you have any links to your recordings, please post them. I would love to hear them!
Mixing & Mastering is Simple WHEN Your Recording Is Within The Specs! RECORD PROPERLY & MASTER LIGHTLY My Gear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

thestorygirl
Operating System: Windows 7
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Audacity :(
Mics: Blue Yeti :(
United States of America

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:10 pm

You've come to a great place for home studio advice. Dana's help has certainly transformed the quality of my audio. Welcome!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic